Saturday, December 29, 2007

12/25 Christmas Day

No pictures! What? Yes, it didn't make it out of my purse...but IMAGINE...there were the three "P's" people we know and love, presents galore and pancakes eaten! The kids watched "The Christmas Story" after we went to Grace for the Christmas Eve service. We did not have the Kalen-Shirley-Ward-Keever Christmas because Mom went to Georgia to visit Quinn. It was nice to have a year off of hosting and even nicer to go to church for the candlelight service. Eagan really enjoyed what was happening (between his I'm-bored-potty-breaks) and so did Justin and I remembering attending them as children. We hoped to eat out, but silly us didn't account for everything being closed early so we got our family favorite...pizza!

In the morning Eagan was up first. He said when we tucked him in that he didn't think he could sleep. Turned out the Mama couldn't sleep. I was up at 3:30 and think I made up an hour in there somewhere. We asked Eagan after he came back up to tell us Santa came to lay with us for a little before the kids get up. Dylan and Reagan, when not ready to wake, are not the funnest little tots. So we got in some Eagan cuddle time before heading downstairs. The kids got: sleds, pirate megablocks, a shopping cart, puzzles, trucks, Colts jersey, board games and stockings full of fun stuff like flashlights and candy. I gave Justin a collage of 2007 photos on a poster for his locker room/office and a new wallet (since I washed the other one). I got a Noblesville golf umbrella and a Millers seat cushion.



I whipped up some flapjacks and packed up for Christmas at the Keever house. We dropped Eagan off at rendevous point 421/32 before going north. We enjoyed having Christmas at Mike & Mary's very much. The kids were familiar, comfortable and just tall enough to help themselves to the sweets on the buffet. We enjoyed time with Grandma Dorothy, Angie, Darrell, Darek, Jacob, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Dan, Carrie, Brad, Luke, Colby, Aunt Shashie and Uncle Dave, Laura and Jace.



Justin shared one of his three bottles of Bailey's with everyone, and a little for himself. We stayed up as long as we could and Justin and Jace stayed up even longer than I think they thought they could (ha). Off to the doc the next morning went Laura and Jace for the post-op appointment. Next year, little Smith Jr or Jr-ette may be among us! Can't wait! XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging...it is fun to keep up on your life! See you soon.