Sunday, December 16, 2007

11/24 Let The Magic Begin




Decorating the tree! OK, so you know how it goes. As an aspiring type A this should instantly throw me into a tizzy. Slap on a jolly face and somehow make this a joyful experience took all the energy I had. No real plan since this is the first Christmas at 17010 so as we downsized our belongs so went the places to put our Christmas knick-knacks. Making our way through the boxes I kept delaying Eagan's every-five-minutes of requests to start putting on the ornaments. I was looking for a ribbon that eventually didn't even get on there like it had in the past to wrap around the tree (pre-ornaments) that was never found. He lost interest and as I was on a stool finding a home for some snowmen on top of the fridge he asks, "Can I go play at Andrew's?" I instantly started to cry and said in my passive aggressiveness, "Sure. Why not!" Justin did his normal intervention and I had flash-forward ten years into the future of similar Eagan vs. Mommy conflicts. In the end, the tree got decorated, he hung his ornaments and moved on to PS2. All was well and I think we managed some decent looking holiday decor. Love you kiddos...every day no matter what!

No comments: