These two have been up to nothing but trouble lately. Conspiring together just a few hours ago. Here's how it went: the kids stacked up those big plastic blocks at the top of the stairs and as I sat here I knew what was coming next ... so down came the blocks and it sounded terrible. I checked for blood and guts at the bottom of the stairs and for a mangled child but there wasn't any of those things. I gave a good scolding about playing on the stairs and as I was out of sight walking around the corner I heard Dylan say, "That's cool, huh?" and Reagan replied, "Yah".
It's all about Dylan's "minkie" aka race car blanket. We are still working diligently on his speaking ability. As of now if you talk with him it better be about race cars or monster trucks or you're out of luck. He's in and out of the napping scene yearning mostly to be with the big boys outdoors. He and Eagan went way out of bounds on Monday. Eagan took good care of him, but they heard about it later. D thinks he's pretty hot stuff. He even has his own strut already and no problem sassing...for now...Wrath of Mama coming at 'cha D-D!
Eagan has been a hero. He's really helpful without being asked, getting Reagan out of bed from her naps and helping them in and out of the van. We rearranged the carseats so D could be close to Eagan. It's taking some getting used to for everyone, especially D who I don't know that he's convinced it's a good idea...especially when he needs something or sees Reagan get a snack. Back to Eagan...his team the White Sox lost their first game 16-2. Ouch. He's having a blast and I hope they pull out a few "W's" sooner than later. We had a long talk last night about maturity. Not a lecture, just a little "What's immature mean?" type of thing. He hung out with the grown ups at House Church on Wednesday as we shared ways we were disciplined as children and he really got a kick out of it. At bedtime we share stories of when we were kids...he loves it so he had a few to tell on us. He loves the resent quip about Justin forgetting to take his drawers off when he got in the shower. He thinks that is hilarious...so he shared it with our HC. I told him he was very mature that evening. He's young for his grade, but academically doing great so it's a tug of war. I think when I told him of relatives that stayed back and became outstanding athletes he got interested in the prospect of doing 2nd again. He'd be the giant on ALL his sports teams, but to him that would be pretty cool.
Princess Reagan...well she turned TWO and I hope to figure out how to share a slideshow with you all. Everything is Disney Princess...and I think I can handle that. It's the Bratz and Barbie's I have a hard time with these days...oh and those hideous Powerpuff Girls. So she has her "Pinsess seat, Pinsess lo (phone since we say hel-lo)...well that's it but she loves them! She's wearing more hair stuff which is GREAT! We're just making sure we tell her she looks pretty even when her hairstyle all-too-closely resembles Harry on Dumb and Dumber...which is every day after nap mind you!
As for us....Justin's team is mildly unpredictable, but winning and that's the idea. Not always winning all the games they should, but winning! Avon will be an interesting set of games. Justin has only won one of 8 games with them...that has to change! I just came home from my last MOPS meeting. I have absolutely loved every bit of being a discussion group leader for our BLUE group. I am going to be on the steering team next year leading the DGLs for the 08-09 year. It has just been a huge blessing to have women around me in the same boat doing the same things, stuggling and rejoicing about similar feats! We've had fun meeting our neighbors and may take a camping trip with a family down the street. Here comes summer and all it's adventures! ONLY 18 MORE DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL IS OUT!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment