Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nikki's 34th @ Puck's




I'm all about doing something I've never done before and I haven't been to Puck's at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Nor have I toured the Lilly House and gardens. Yes, I've lived here my entire life and haven't done a lot of stuff right under my nose. So I coersed the husband to join me and his parents to celebrate my birthday doing something new and non-sports related. It was FUN, yes, FUN and we all agree culture is GOOD (and missed by me). I loved seeing those familiar names Gaugin, Matisse, Van Gogh from my art history days...that I loved, but put Justin to sleep. The kids did great. Justin tried to sneak up to the roped-off 3rd floor of the Lilly house. The security guards were on our family like vultures between the kids touchy-touchies and Daddy's "why can't I go in there" antics it was hilarious!

The best for last, but was had first, the MEAL. The absolute best tasting meal I've ever had. I normally OCD-like eat one thing on my plate at a time and I tell you what, this meal was an experience. I had the special of the day: salmon with a spicy risotto and sweet tomato salsa. For dessert I had the chocolate truffle cake with a chai-like ice cream. Yes, it's 100x better than described and I can't wait for a reason to go back. Lunch was perfectly quiet, good portions and well-lit and surrounded by nature and art. Oh...'til next time my friend Puck...'til next time!

No comments: