Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lesson of "Dollars"



Grandma Dorothy and Aunt Cindy gave the kids some cold, hard cash at church a few weeks ago when D and R were visiting Grandma and Grandpa. They were specifically told this money is for toys, and they held me to it...no underwear or hairbows or new socks...nope...TOYS! So we did the deed at Walmart...Dylan picked out 5 new Hotwheels and Reagan found a sweet little mini Strawberry Shortcake doll with accessories. They had some tough choices, but came out alright. THANK YOU Grandma Dorothy and Aunt Cindy. They had a blast learning the value of their "dollars".

1 comment:

Alison said...

That's a good lesson to learn! I took Carolyn shopping with some of her birthday money, and it was hard to get her to understand she couldn't just choose whatever she wanted. She had a limit. Trouble is, everytime she did decide on something, I found myself saying, "Are you sure you don't want this or that or to keep looking?" Thankfully, I backed off, and she was able to choose something she liked. I'm sure the kids had a great time shopping and spending their very own money!