http://www.mommycoddle.com/
http://www.biblein90days.org/
It's 8:15 a.m. on the first Tuesday of Christmas Break 09. I'm the only one awake and have been since 6:30 a.m. I took a huge, much-needed nap yesterday in Eagan's room while he played his new PS2 game FIFA 10. The kids renestled themselves into our routine after returning from the Smith's overnight, Grandpa and Grandma's overnight and Christmas celebration. When we were driving home I realized how much our house has become a home, a haven of rejuvination and renewal for everyone. Justin was born a homebody and now I have stop fighting it because it's where our kids want to be, with me at home. We love being together. I pout like a school girl when Justin leaves and I'll continue to think it's endearing even if it's not-so there.
Back to being the only one awake...I've been blog surfing and found these sites that have been an overdue reminder of some recent yearnings. Before I get into that, I know I'm a compulsive thing-starter. Thing being career, craft, idea, project whatnot starter. It's my gift. Well, that's my spin on being 35 and a perpetual restless soul. What does God have in mind for this constant yearning within me? Currently I'm seeking peace through contentment not only because He asks us to "Be still and know that I am God" -Ps 46:10 but to better understand how everyday my restlessness can be retooled for His purposes. The ability to throw things against the wall to see what sticks to me has proven to be a act of faith, confidence in the ability to try and determination to know that I'm not afraid to start a new adventure and rebuild confidence with every act.
On the way home yesterday we listened to Mercy Me's Christmas CD. Little drummer boy has always been one of my favorites. "I am a poor boy too"...Jesus was poor, born in a stable to two parents who were very dirty, tired and lost. "What you do to the least of them you do to me." -Mt 25:40 is my verse when I am judgemental and discontent which thankfully when I catch these thoughts and pray return to Thankfulness...Peace...and ultimately Joy in His provisions to us. Another part of the song that stuck with me yesterday was "I'll play my best for Him". I couldn't stop thinking about how each day I need to wake and pray that I will play my best for Him-as if each day he was born, to give me hope and faith in His gift to me to keep trying new things, to keep my eye on the prize, to bring my family with me on this journey as I am on theirs. Jesus was born so that He could die; a lot like having children. For the first 25 years of our lives it is about us, the next 25 are about our children to return for the last 25 to ourselves again. What will those years bring are what we cultivate now.
With the passion of The Little Drummer Boy, today I'll play my best for Him!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment