Monday, December 17, 2007

12/14 @ The Children's Museum with Kasey

Kasey Jester has been Dylan's First Steps developmental therapist since March. He has been making leaps and bounds in his speech. Hendricks County didn't have a speech therapist and suggested Kasey. We just love her and her enthusiasm for kids and Dylan is a big, big fan as well. I was glad I invited her to the Children's Museum on our second to last session. It was a madhouse and her extra hands made me feel like a Stepford wife with a nanny. Kasey and Dylan played in the water table and Reagan and I played house and did some jumping around in the toddler area.

We've really enjoyed learning how to edu-play, as I call it, with Kasey on our weekly sessions. One day we rescheduled on an "off day" that I forgot about after Dylan went down for a late nap. He was still asleep when Kasey arrived. Her and I went upstairs to help get him up and for a few days after that he expected Kasey to be there with all of "Tasey's toys and playdoh". We've made messes with shaving cream and glue...things I have to really rally up for she's there with bells on. Same will be true for our last session this Friday when we make cookies.

Dylan was sorta hungry tired so after some lunch and dinosaurs he was ready to go. Either way, he sure loves his friend Kasey and cuddled up with her after running down three levels of ramps from playscape to the trains!

No comments: