
Recently I met a fellow MOPS Steering Team member for lunch, had a couple caffeinated root beers, drove past a fabric store that I knew was having a clearance on their demo sewing machines and decided to stop in. I visited this same store with my friend Val perusing some baby room fabric for her changing table after we feasted on some blueberry granola LePeep's deliciousness for brunch. When I returned to this store after getting off my hyped-up, let's-see-how-much-I-can-do-in-an-hour caffeine buzz, I was ready to buy clear-minded. Frustrated that my last TWO machines purchased at Target were garbage but somehow managed to produce the cornices in Eagan and Reagan's room...after many-a-Tylenol mind you...I was an easy sell.
So I bought it. A Bernina Bernette 56 and it's sitting in my laundry/sewing room covered with its faux suede shield like a shiny vintage corvette in some old man's garage. Full of power and potential this machine and a few books (Amy Butler's Little Stiches and Diana Rupp's Sew Everything Workshop ) I found myself unable to stop smiling. On the way home, I am thinking, with that money I just spent I could've bought new outdoor seat cushions. Hum? Now I can make them? (in my I'm Ron Burgundy? voice).
Either way, I've found myself here, reliving my college days spent doing logo and product design, marketing reports and building brands. No PowerPoint (thank God), but my word, the blood is pumping and I can't remember the last time I felt so, alive. Well, alive and a little tired as I'm converting to school time hours by getting up before 9a.m. and now staying up late checking if jackandjillchildrensdecor.com is available, working up pricing sheets and actually making stuff on my fabulous Bernette with it's shiny, teal pearled exterior.
What do I plan to do with this fancy logo and head full of ideas? Well, share them. I'd like to make quilted bedding and coordinated window treatments and accessories like pillows for children's rooms. Sound fun? I thought so! Or is it sew...hardy-har-har, and sew it begins. Sew many babies are arriving and I just love making gifts, and making money. Sew, I thought for those out there that just don't have the time, but want something unique as their child, I can make it for them. All they need to do is a little fabric shopping and style selection. With enough notice, the cozy nest for Bebe will be ready when he or she arrives. Then there's the rooms already done, sort of, with past hopes and dreams to do something that never happend I'll help make it happen.
It's an amazing gift from God to be filled with passion and enthusiasm. This is an answer to prayer in so many ways (Prov 31:13). And as Justin and I pray for our children that they let hope and joy dwell within them as they cruise through life finding peace and experiencing success with God's gifts to them by transforming hearts with every thread and notion of doubt, fear and excitement each day brings. We are blessed by all those around us who encourage us and prod us along in our passions albeit quilting or baseball. We love you all. Jack and Jill website coming soon. Click on the blog link for a sample of what I have done so far. There is much, much more to come!





1 comment:
All right! I'm so excited that you are so excited :)
Congrats my friend!
Post a Comment