Monday, October 20, 2008

Sewing break






The kids have been nothing BUT patient as I've broken my rule of sewing during playtime. Now that the Jack & Jill displays are done, paperwork and credit card stuff is worked out and all that's left is sewing I can adhere to my own rules now! So, last week, I had had enough J&J and needed to get some blood pumping. The kids rode along to go visit Peanut and Lady, horses that live just north of us. We take them apples and carrots. We met the owner this summer and knows the horses get spoiled by the neighbors. When I saw Lady, the white horse, I couldn't help sing..."Oh where is my hairbrush, Oh wherrrre is my hairbrush, Oh where oh where oh where oh where...is my hairbrush". She has so many burrs in her mane it was all I could do to not jump over there with my Goodie pick and help a sister out. They really don't want much to do with you unless you have treats so I would've had to chase her around like a crazy woman I'm sure. You can see what I'm talking about in the picture where she's sticking her tounge out at D. She must not have a mirror in her barn. The kids raced up and down the knoll about ten times, found leaves and rocks. Reagan's favorite treasure is finding a nice rock...just like a future archeologist. We rode as fast as the bike would take us and when the wind is in your face the trailer acts like a nice parachute, but I needed the excercise since my gluts haven't seen much activity outside of my sewing stool, computer chair and van seat!

No comments: