Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dylan "What donuts?" and Reagan "Who me?" Keever


So, along with the fun we had on fall break, we had to winterize the house and seal the driveway. While I was outside prepping for work, the kids snuck inside. I poked my head in and said "Get your butts outside!" I only heard scappering feet go upstairs and my sharp Mothering instincts said something is up. I'm good like that. Well, I was right, once I saw THESE faces and what appeared to be pitiful attempts at looking innocent, I couldn't help but smile when trying to reprimand them for not being outside when they were told to stay out with us AND for getting a delicious snack without asking first. They were elbow deep in a bag of powdered donuts. I didn't have the heart to tell them that was the worse snack they could've chosen for being sneaky. They honestly had NO idea powdered sugar was all over their faces. I was laughing, then they were, then I called Justin who was getting more sealant and he was laughing. Told my mom about it last night and she laughed so I hope you do too.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Sometimes, laughter is what works best, right? There are so many times when I want to be angry, but God allows laughter in its place! Praise Him, huh? It's good for everyone's spirit!

carol said...

The look on their faces is priceless....what cuties!