Monday, January 5, 2009

A catalog of sorts












Sew, it's been a long, long time since I've blogged. Let me explain to you faithful readers, those grateful for having some reading while bored at work, thankful to be working during this tough time, but bored nonetheless. I have no good excuse other than I just chose to sew over blog, watch TV with the Mister or play with the kids. Yes, I'm still writing for the Star which takes up my day "free time", but that leaves the evenings. Some evenings were filled with craft shows I shared with Amy Ashley of which were apparently slow this year. How would we know? It was our first year. We did learn a lot about the craft show biz that's for sure. Made some new friends, worked some muscles that hadn't been worked carrying our goods to and fro and became better friends ourselves. I have nearly ten clients now for Jack and Jill, all gracious to give this newbie a shot and make some goods for their home and child's rooms. I love it. I love looking at fabrics and thinking of ideas with people and their kids, or new houses or new babies and even made a poodle skirt for my niece and ponchos for her and Reagan. My sister-in-law Laura is expecting their first the 19th of January and I was able to make their bedding and window treatments (pic shown). She found the best furniture and accessories in antique white that make the sweetest escape for Princess Smith. Can't wait! So, that's what I've been doing...starting a business, celebrating the Christmas season and New Year's festivities and our son's birthday...all shown in this blog...finally!



1 comment:

Alison said...

I've been waiting and waiting! :-) I figured you were working on the business. 10 clients is awesome! Glad you are taking time with the family, too. WAY more important than blogging! :-)