So I started working out tonight. Justin completely encouraged me and listened to all my excuses and real heart issues with even trying. I saw pictures of myself recently and didn't realize how big I've gotten. My mind has a very different image of my figure. So, to the gym I go...to make it a part of my life, not the latest thing...which I am good at. Jack of all trades, master of none. So on my MP3 player, of which...thanks ebay...I cannot put any new songs on so I have the same 68 songs on there from the miraculous time I actually got it to work. Either way, whenever this song comes on I get rallied up. I get jacked knowing that there is more taking place than my personal weakness...I know that the Evil One finds getting the "best of me" entertaining. CSLewis Screwtape Letters style you know? I vaguely remember days having a much more competitive spirit. It's what got me to spinning class before we moved north. Now I have something to compete against. Bring it.
Best Of You lyrics by Foo Fighters.
I've got another confession to makeI'm your foolEveryone's got their chains to breakHoldin' youWere you born to resist or be abused?Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Are you gone and onto someone new?I needed somewhere to hang my headWithout your nooseYou gave me something that I didn't haveBut had no useI was too weak to give inToo strong to loseMy heart is under arrest againBut I break looseMy head is giving me life or deathBut I can't chooseI swear I'll never give inI refuseIs someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Has someone taken your faith?Its real, the pain you feelYou trust, you mustConfessIs someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Oh...Oh...Oh...Oh...Oh...Has someone taken your faith?Its real, the pain you feelThe life, the loveYou die to healThe hope that startsThe broken heartsYou trust, you mustConfessIs someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?I've got another confession my friendI'm no foolI'm getting tired of starting againSomewhere newWere you born to resist or be abused?I swear I'll never give inI refuseIs someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Has someone taken your faith?Its real, the pain you feelYou trust, you mustConfessIs someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?Oh...
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Good for you! I was in that same place awhile back. It's so great to have a supportive husband. It's one of the things that kept me focused and persevering, for sure. It is so hard getting started, but so rewarding once you get into a routine and start to see results. I've realized that I need to be training for something-a 5K, a sprint triathlon (which isn't near as scary as it sounds!) or have a workout buddy for accountability. Or I fall off the bandwagon. Weight Watchers really worked for me, too. All that to say, I'm proud of you for taking steps to a healthier you! :-) If you need any encouragement along the way, just shoot me an email or give me a call!
Post a Comment