Sunday, February 28, 2010

Phoee

Still no camera. I better call on that huh? I had some great photo opps last week when I took the kids to Build-a-Bear for their first bear experience. For Reagan it was a Kitty experience. Dylan made a black bear and named him Growly. He found a Storm Trooper outfit and Star Wars pjs and slippers too. Reagan made a gray kitty and named her Sparkle Heart. She found a ballet outfit and slippers and a little peace sign swimsuit, silver glitter flip-flops and roller skates. So, so cute. We hadn't been to the mall in years. I remember taking them there maybe three years ago before we moved, likely looking for furniture for the house so they were 3 and 1 then. They used to play in the Castleton food court area but this time they walked in and stared...either b/c we're all a little unsocialized or because they realized they are too old for that area now. We grabbed a smoothie instead-yum! Dylan had a blue one, Reagan pink and I had a pineapple/coconut/mango smoothie. We piled the fun in one day that's for sure and I knew that when Dylan said he didn't want to go home but wanted to ride the escaltor again! Missed some photo opps for sure.

Missed another photo opp when we went to Grace to pack some food for Kids Against Hunger with our house church. Dylan was a champ patting teh bags flat then scooting them down the tabled to be boxed. Eagan did a good rotation of weighing, scooping, bagging and helping Dylan out. Reagan did a good job of coloring with her Bestie Audrey and tripping over the tarps that protected the floor. Justin pulled a double shift going in for the 8-11 shift with the baseball team, then joining us for the 11-1 shift.

ps I interviewed for a job at Grace. Didn't get it. Would've been nice, just not meant to be. HR said they were worried I might get bored with admin work. I've applied for a job at Noblesville Schools to help elementary students with language development. I may have missed the app time, but sent in my info anyway. We'll see!

"Gold medal to Canada!" US just lost to Canada's hockey team.

Eagan is 3-2-1 with his basketball team. He's sticking to all the indoor baseball practices waiting patiently to play games. It's a tough time of year for all of us trapped inside, but he is traditionally squirrely waiting for his Spring Breaks so we navigate through teacher and bus driver reports trying to keep him focused on getting work done as best he can AND turning it in! Great boy...growing like a weed!

Our house church has grown by two families: Smith's and Williams' to join us, Coe's and Ravensbergs. We meet after 9am service at our house or wherever for brunch and go over the week before sermon, hang out whatever.

Baseball starts in 2 weeks! First day of practice is 3/15 then we're off!!!

More interesting posts to come...hopefully with pics next time!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I hear ya on missing photo ops! I usually have my camera with me, but never take it out of my purse! Frustrates my mom to no end. :-) Sorry about the job. Hope the other one works out. It sounds wonderful and like something I would love to do. We know the kids need the help and I know you would be great at it! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

When Any celebration I also keep my camera.Because I enjoy with my camera taking photographs by other happiness.
============
Seo Servises