I'll be honest. I had been looking forward to Reagan's birthday since the day after Dylan's. It was a long, long winter and her turning four gave me plenty of thoughts to make it magical. She always admired the Barbie cake in Meijer and after Eagan's 7 year old bike that was hers lost its pedal, she was anxious for a new one-somehow when asking, "I need a bike Mommy." I would say "Well, see." counting the days to her party! I made her a skirt with brown polka dots, cherries and cupcakes and found knee-high socks with cupcakes on them to boot...well, to shoe also with cherries on them! While she was with Grandma and Grandpa and I was left to Knoxville's finest shopping area I found her a cute "R" embroidered bow and had Julie get her Disney Princess bike from Walmart in Avon since Noblesville's was sold out! Sixteen inch bike mind you-not 12" inches like I thought she'd fit. I was crying at the realization that she's getting bigger...whether we like it or not. She's such a beauty and sweet, sweet girl. She's been on her bike every minute since. During her party, she was extremely confused that she wasn't FOUR! I said this is her party so that everyone could come and she'll be four in four days. So confused-sorta sad really and her friend Rose said, "So this is just a get together?" Equally confused I made sure when it was her birthday she had presents left (a much asked for umbrella of her own and a Leapster2 to keep her happy at all these baseball games) and a cute Birthday Girl shirt to wear the day of at Cool Creek Park (her choice) where we spent 2.5 hours parking, nature centering and hiking trails. We took cupcakes to Daddy's game against Fishers that night as well to share with the team. They all wished her a happy birthday. She was sorta embarassed at the attention, but mentioned it a few times on the way home. Love, love her. I told her the next day that I wish it was her birthday everday and she smiled ear to ear.Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Reagan Turns FOUR!
I'll be honest. I had been looking forward to Reagan's birthday since the day after Dylan's. It was a long, long winter and her turning four gave me plenty of thoughts to make it magical. She always admired the Barbie cake in Meijer and after Eagan's 7 year old bike that was hers lost its pedal, she was anxious for a new one-somehow when asking, "I need a bike Mommy." I would say "Well, see." counting the days to her party! I made her a skirt with brown polka dots, cherries and cupcakes and found knee-high socks with cupcakes on them to boot...well, to shoe also with cherries on them! While she was with Grandma and Grandpa and I was left to Knoxville's finest shopping area I found her a cute "R" embroidered bow and had Julie get her Disney Princess bike from Walmart in Avon since Noblesville's was sold out! Sixteen inch bike mind you-not 12" inches like I thought she'd fit. I was crying at the realization that she's getting bigger...whether we like it or not. She's such a beauty and sweet, sweet girl. She's been on her bike every minute since. During her party, she was extremely confused that she wasn't FOUR! I said this is her party so that everyone could come and she'll be four in four days. So confused-sorta sad really and her friend Rose said, "So this is just a get together?" Equally confused I made sure when it was her birthday she had presents left (a much asked for umbrella of her own and a Leapster2 to keep her happy at all these baseball games) and a cute Birthday Girl shirt to wear the day of at Cool Creek Park (her choice) where we spent 2.5 hours parking, nature centering and hiking trails. We took cupcakes to Daddy's game against Fishers that night as well to share with the team. They all wished her a happy birthday. She was sorta embarassed at the attention, but mentioned it a few times on the way home. Love, love her. I told her the next day that I wish it was her birthday everday and she smiled ear to ear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment