Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's only been OVER a month!!!

I'm baa-aack! I like that Facebook I tellyaboy, so nosy and precarious perusing everyone's junk and business. So many surveys to complete and so little time. Entertaining and somewhat voyeristic isn't it? I wonder if it is phasing out the blog scene in my little circle of friends. I will return with some photos, but wanted to post a little about our lives. I'm committed to this blog, as I'm told I can turn it into a scrapbook of sorts and have a Kramer-worthy coffee table book one day! So here's some some housekeeping updates. All exciting and a little too real life, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Eagan has legally been named Eagan Brayden Keever-Hill (I can't help but to read it as Keever [hyphen] Hill. I'll get used to it. It's a great gift for him to be legally associated with both families and in the community tied to his wonderful Dad Justin of whom I'm always so proud.
Justin and I are officially suffering from seasonal depression, yeah, cabin fever, winter blues. With the weather breaking a tad bit we are rallying up every ounce of strength we have to get out of the inside/TV grind and get out there. The kids played mud football yesterday while Reagan and I visited with our neighbors. It was SO nice to do something different I spent my time while making dinner daydreaming about summer time grilling out with the speakers out on the porch playing a Cubs game. Oh, I can't wait.
Dylan and Reagan are growing like weeds, as children do, but seriously folks they are transforming into little people. God's little children.
For them, and us of course, we have left Common Ground and have joined the Grace Community Church family. We are in a small group with some former CGers and are just doing what we know to do with HC. The kids have had their OD of church having gone 4x in the last week and are still solving most disagreements about what belongs to who by saying "It's Jesus' water!" Amen, now share!!!
Yesterday we had our Comcast switched to AT&T and the cable guy was here an unusally long amount of time. Dylan was by his side most of the day "helping". His name is Tom, but D insisted on calling him Thomas, as in the train right. Well for whatever reason after about five hours he decided he was going to call him George. Our neighbor's name is George so when he said, "Mom George needs you" I thought of our neighbor and found out it was actually Thomas, I mean Tom. He was a hoot all day. The guy was very impressed at both kids "smarts" and was entertained by Dylan's antics. He is our family clown.
Today was the big day to send off preschool enrollment. Dylan will be in MWF Pre-K with Jacob Scheulter and Reagan in Parent's Day Out with Audrey on Monday's. That's the plan anyway. Hopefully it works out. I did my best to keep them with their little friends, even if it meant not having a day without both of them. Big sacrifice eh? Well, I was emotional about the thought of them going to school here in a year for D and two for Reagan and was looking forward to one more year of one-on-one time with D and/or Reagan. Don't get me started.
Jack and Jill has been going well. It takes some time to get things going, on my part and clients' with all the great ideas and choices out there. I get to a stopping point and then Whoosh! here comes more work or changes or ideas! Whoosh! I sew. The Star has been SO good to me, so that keeps us $afloat$ Thank God Thank God Thank God.
Baseball is about to get going. Workouts are serious stuff now and the school is searching for a new Athletic Director. More stress for the Mister and we'll pray for a good result in an outstanding AD for everyone's sake.
I guess you want to see pictures now eh? Let me see what I can do.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Thanks for the update! I couldn't handle Facebook and blogs, so I choose blogs. :-) I'll check back soon!