Yeah, yeah...no photos! The kids are just dying to get outside and I am too. Right now Eagan and George are playing PS2 Lego StarWars since it's a half-day of school. He has ISTEP this week so I think his brain is due for a break. D is watching and Reagan is sleeping. I have some work to do, but not like I have! Clients for Jack & Jill are 99% finished and MOPS is starting to wind down as we approach the year-end. It feels awesome and a little scary all at the same time. What am I going to do (ha ha don't I know baseball is soon to be here?). Yes, baseball starts in 2 weeks and I tell you what, I can't wait. I can't wait to get my butt out of a chair at the computer or my stool in front of the sewing machine and run with the kids. That's the nuts of it all...here's the bolts...
Lent started last week. I teetered and tottered with exercise and the sacrifice of sleep and discipline VS eating sweets as DAILY struggle and discipline filled with emotions of deserving something and submission to my hormonal MONSTERS (and they are just that, big, fat, hairy, mean and grumpy hormonal monsters-youknowwhatimtalkingabout ladies). So, what's the verdict? Well, I did eat some Girl Scout cookies on Sunday, but after my spiritual journey and success last year-daily thinking about the literal cross Jesus picked up on the way to his death-I am giving up sweets. I've started reading through the Bible in a year-NIV Chronological format and am loving it. Granted the time needed to read AND study are not the same. I read, then let myself absorb and am loving what comes of it. Interesting how Job slips in the middle of Genesis, amidst the story of sinfulness, there is this hero of Hope. I'm still mentally chewing on Job. I'm not half the woman I need to be, that's what I'm hearing now.
Thank you Lord for your love and patience and amazing story. Let us sacrifice our selfish ways, our narrow-mindedness and short ambitions for your glory in this muddled world of poptheology and confusion. All praise to You during this Lenten season! Amen
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Amen! By the way, I don't think you would have been weird to give that lady a hug! :-)
Post a Comment