Once again I scored some discount tickets and free stuff to get the kids and I to the fair on the State Fair Train that departs from Fishers (how convenient right?) and brings us back safe and sound and a little tired from the fairs activities. We left at 10 a.m. and I didn't tell the kids where we were going. They'd never been to the train station so when we reached the boarding dock Dylan's face especially was totally surprised. Reagan jumped up and down and Dylan ran screaming. Justin and Eagan had started school so they were missed, but it was nice to unwind from school prep and get back into the groove with my munchkins. We didn't go to the animal barns but did have time to see the animals at the kids area after watching some horse races. They did some pretend gardening, harvesting, farm chores and hit the store with the money they earned for a granola bar. We watched the Chinese acrobats...which in the end left the kids speechless. Well, Dylan barfed up an orange (too big of a bite) then we watched the acrobats so maybe that was a rough start to the "entertainment". We rode the tractor trolley, hit the Farm Bureau barn, got a little ice cream from the dairy barn and headed home. Good times. Can't wait for next year!Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Off to the Fair
Once again I scored some discount tickets and free stuff to get the kids and I to the fair on the State Fair Train that departs from Fishers (how convenient right?) and brings us back safe and sound and a little tired from the fairs activities. We left at 10 a.m. and I didn't tell the kids where we were going. They'd never been to the train station so when we reached the boarding dock Dylan's face especially was totally surprised. Reagan jumped up and down and Dylan ran screaming. Justin and Eagan had started school so they were missed, but it was nice to unwind from school prep and get back into the groove with my munchkins. We didn't go to the animal barns but did have time to see the animals at the kids area after watching some horse races. They did some pretend gardening, harvesting, farm chores and hit the store with the money they earned for a granola bar. We watched the Chinese acrobats...which in the end left the kids speechless. Well, Dylan barfed up an orange (too big of a bite) then we watched the acrobats so maybe that was a rough start to the "entertainment". We rode the tractor trolley, hit the Farm Bureau barn, got a little ice cream from the dairy barn and headed home. Good times. Can't wait for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good Day i am new to this. I stumbled upon this site I find It extremely accommodating and it has helped me out a lot. I hope to contribute & help other users like its helped me.
Cheers, See You Later
Hi i'm new here. I came accross this board I find It quite useful & its helped me alot. I hope to give something back & aid other users like its helped me.
Thanks Everyone, See You About.
Post a Comment